Sunday 26 October 2014

Simple Living Sunday: In the garden


Life has been busy. I was going to do so much this weekend but, unfortunately, there's only time for top priorities. Yesterday I was meant to start on my tax. I was very tired after a busy day the day before and ended up having a 2 hour nap. I am grateful that my life allows me to do that but I want to go away next weekend so there remains much to do.

I finally started on my tax last night. I pride myself on doing it myself though the truth is that no one sees my frustrations as I go through the motions. Most of my stress comes from second checking as I am not a natural when it comes to bookkeeping. The main format is relatively easy and doing it myself means that I know what's happening with my money. But, oh my, the frustration I experienced last night as a whole hour passed with me attempting to set up the new, compulsory account. One account must link to another account, and so on. The setting up of that "new" account was challenging (hopefully no one could hear my ranting).

I'm pleased to say that some new additions to the garden are settling in well. My gardening friend helped me plant the seeds and seedlings but much of the soil - outside of the garden beds - is very poor. Nevertheless, some seeds have taken well  and  made a good start. Hopefully I can nourish them along the way.





I love the red sea of flowers next door. Last year I grabbed some cuttings and planted them by the front fence. They've already started to make an impression.



I'm learning...slowly. I'm happy with this lot of carrots.

I don't know the technical term but each year around this time the grapevine drops its ?????? and a green carpet forms on the patio.
 
I need to go and do some school preparation and get that tax done.
Have a lovely day wherever you are.