Thursday 23 October 2014

Goals: Fairy Garden

It's slowly happening. It's taken a couple of years but I'm pleased to say that it's begun.
I bought these little pieces at Hahndorf. They're rather sweet so I'm not sure whether I will manage to put them outside to deal with the elements. Or maybe I'll just have to create an indoor fairy garden!


Perfectionist me wants to hold off jumping in and just seeing what happens. I know that taking a step forward is a step forward. Not taking a step means I go nowhere!



I couldn't resist these when I saw them. I'm hoping to have a few fairy locales scattered throughout the garden and each one with a theme. I'm not sure what theme I'll develop with this lot of miniatures but wait and see.

I was hoping I'd find second-hand containers and bric-a-brac for the different gardens but I haven't seen too many. It did motivate me to get started when a friend gave me the barrel for my birthday. As soon as I saw it I knew  it was going to be my first canvas.

What has helped me get started on this project?
  • allowing for creativity and passion to be part of what I plan for each week
  • giving myself permission to not have a perfectly cleaned house
  • breaking the task down into small, achievable actions
  • keeping it simple; using what I've got, keeping it affordable
I'm sure one day soon you'll get a glimpse of the finished product but this weekend my tax comes first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment