Tuesday 28 October 2014

Goal: Running again!


Goal:  Exercise three times a week.
 

I’m running again and I’m running better than ever. Well, today marks the end of Week 2 of the Couch to 5k program. This week I’ve had to do cycles of 90 seconds running and 2 minutes walking. It’s been much easier this time around compared with my first attempt.

I embarked feebly on my second round of training. I figured that I would not achieve much so I set off and flippantly fancied I might manage 100 metres of running in total that day. Almost farcically I ran as slowly as I could knowing I hadn’t been exercising for a while. To my surprise, my terribly slow pace was comfortable and manageable. I didn’t need to cut anything short. I just focussed on jogging as slowly as I could. I made it right through the training session.

So Week 3 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment