Sunday 12 October 2014

Simple Living: Out and About

A late good morning to you all.


Kaniva livestock
 
It's a gorgeous sunny day here. As I sit by the window, sunlight streams in and birds twitter gaily in the trees. I love the heartening signs of spring, bearing hints of the  warmer and brighter days which are just around the corner.

Over in South Australia I had the delight of visiting the Mt Barker Recycling Centre. It's set up on a hill, across from a very old windmill. It's run by an organisation which employs people with disabilities. It's a magnificent yard of organised piles of beautiful junk. I saw a lovely iron outdoor setting, in very good condition, and a lovely old lampstand and shade. If I was a local I would have loved to have bought them but I was returning home the next day and they would not have fitted in my car. However, I did come away with a sweet, old-looking pot which would suit my sweet, little cottage garden.
 


A couple of days later I was inspired to visit my local recycling centre. It was full of junk and I came away with nothing. It's a newer centre so perhaps over time there will be more to see. There are not too many very old homes in our area whereas the Mt Barker one has many old homes and this was evident by the sorts of junk on sale.


Adelaide Mall


Adelaide Mall


Kaniva livestock

Have a good week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment