Tuesday 2 August 2011

Moments of Inspiration

It's been quite a week of inspiration. The introvert that I am, I often find my sources of inspriation in obscure reading and internet surfing and the like. This week I have been privileged enough to experience this so close to home.
  • I visited very good friends of mine in their new home last weekend. It's a lovely big home, well-built, many rooms and in a good part of town. I am rather envious. Then they decided to tell me about their visitor who was on his way to their place. It turns out that he is homeless. I was gobsmacked ( and wondering at what point they would realise that they could only wind up getting hurt). My friend, B, had seen him in the park on the way to work and had started talking to him. Then she decided to share a meal with him once a week. She has since introduced him to another friend and this homeless young man is able to get some safe accommodation from them. These friends are now helping him reestablish himself. I think it's an amazing story and I admire B's courage, not just in daring to approach this man out of concern but also in standing up to a  society which says "Don't do it". Beautiful, inspiring work, B.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment