Monday 17 November 2014

Happy SAD Thoughts: Stress at work can be a good thing!!





Last week I felt buried in the busyness of life. I must say that finally there has been some reprieve. I'm still waiting for the time when I can waste a whole day on the computer and life will still go on merrily, but for now I'm glad the pressure is easing and I can breathe a little more easily.
 tinybuddha.org is a website I have turned to many times in the past and found a myriad of advice from people who have experienced all sorts of difficulties. Last week, right when I was busy, I noticed an article from this website, entitled 4 things to keep you going when you're stressed at work by Raphaela Browne
"Not likely to have anything useful...," I thought, but I decided to take a look and perhaps get some self-satisfying confirmation of how stressful life can be.To my surprise I discovered a very helpful reflection providing a rather unexpected perspective on being stressed at work.
One of the reasons I dislike being so busy in my life is that I feel I cannot be generous nor as caring as I would like. It's hard to find the time to be available to others and it's hard to find the space where I can pursue my passions. This article actually helped me to see that times of stress and busyness can still be opportunities for character-building and for growing as a person. As for the time to pursue my interests, well, I guess I just have to be mature and recognise that there are times for work and there are times for leisure.
Anyway, I thought I'd share the article with those of you who might also feel maligned by being too busy. Have a look and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment