Saturday 22 November 2014

5 Things I'm Grateful For


I'm always pleasantly surprised to realise that even when things are busy or stressful or hardgoing, there are still opportunities to grow and learn.

This week I have much to be grateful for:

1. ROSEMARY
Our school garden has a big rosemary bush so I take a few sprigs when I need some for cooking.


2.THE GARDEN
It's so satisfying to see all that the garden provides, along with the promise (?) of more to come. Sometimes it seems to me that gardening is a game of chance and I'm very happy and very grateful when something I've planted grows. Properly.




3. SAFE ON THE ROADS
Yet again, I drove home down the highway after work, in peak-hour traffic, past 4 cars which had all been involved in the one accident. The drivers and passengers stood by their vehicles, looking dishevelled and dismayed as they waited for the police. I'm thankful that I've managed to travel each day to and from work, in one piece, my car and me.


4. TIME OUT and SAYING NO (sort of)
This last month has been one of too much to do. Now I have the largest number of school reports I've had to do in eight years. I've been stressing quite a bit lately. "Time out" helps me regain some balance.
Today I'm grateful for time in the day where I can relax and catch some TV. I've also bought myself some extra time by deciding to go to a friend's party but only for a couple of hours. As dear as these friends are, I'm an introvert and it gets uncomfortable after a couple of hours. So, I will go, but only for a while. Then they can all party on without me!!




5. A HELPING HAND IN THE GARDEN
This week I've had a helping hand in the garden. From now on it's a matter of our garden, not simply my garden.
He's come to stay and we get to make our own life together. He's finding it hard hunting for a job and I do hope that this talented man will be recognised for his strong ethics, skills and workmanship. He hails from a faraway land and spent many years taking care of the family's land. With such limited resources he's learned to manage with very little. In between tending the garden, he's been busy in the shed fashioning something from wooden branches he's stripped down with a knife. I think I'm not supposed to see what it is ... so no photo of what I saw when I peeked inside!!

I'm grateful for the wonderful changes that are happening in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment