Wednesday 5 November 2014

Goals: One key cleaning job a week


October

 
I got off to a fabulous start with my goal to do one cleaning job a week, that is, over and above the mandatory jobs of dishes and clothes washing.

Week 1       My mum was coming over so the floor got swept      and mopped.

Week 2     I had a young person coming to stay so the toilet and basin got done before the second weekend had arrived.

Week 3         I had a lovely weekend away for a friend’s 50th.  No cleaning.

Week 4         Not sure what happened but the time seemed to go. Another week passed and I didn’t get the cleaning done.

A new month has started and I’m hopeful that this month I might get the jobs done. There’s a public holiday this week so that will give me some extra time.

I really think that more cleaning would happen if it weren’t for the gardening. I suppose I make that choice as it’s a feature of my home and I've made it a priority. Now with spring and the warmer weather there's even more to do. 
 

I think working full time, as well as having other things that need to be done in any given week, means that I can’t do everything so housework is one of those areas which is “cut back”.  One thing I know is that I don't want my life to be work, work, work.

No comments:

Post a Comment