Tuesday 10 January 2012

Weekly Update

I attended the funeral of my friend's mother today and then stayed and helped with the afternoon tea. I enjoyed hearing the story of her life as told by her daughters. She had been a migrant from Malta so her story is very different from those of my ancestors. I am amazed at how people can give up their life and family to move to a new land and put down new roots. I don't know that I could ever do that.


I've just returned from spending a few days down at the beach with the family. Sometimes I find it hard to spend a lot of time there. It gets noisy. You can't watch TV and hear it. You can't turn on the radio and actually listen. There aren't too many comfortable chairs. However I do cherish the priceless asides and precious moments with family that could never be pre-arranged.

I managed to go bike riding for the first time in six years and it was so good having nieces and nephews on hand to help me work out the silly gears, adjust the height of the seat and  get motivated to do something which I've managed to postpone for about six months.


The place where we holiday is like a small coastal village which bursts out in summer. I  did buy two dresses and I did get to the lovely cafes twice. I rarely get a chance to go clothes shopping in a shop that is not a cheap, local, small-scale department store. Barwon Heads has some boutiques which have the sorts of clothes I don't usually come across so I think I am justified in my spending!  I bought a lovely green summer dress with a concealed tummy line (Red Dog) and a loose brown top with a simple frill, to wear over jeans (Ten Thousand Things).

 Holidays: time to enjoy the flowers blooming in my garden
 Holidays: fresh air, enjoying the sunshine, down at the beach
Holidays: time to cook, time to set new goals, time to achieve new goals