Wednesday 4 January 2012

Goals! Goals! Goals!

It feels as though the whole blogosphere is on holidays. "Goals" and "challenges" are very timely topics at the moment. So, in the spirit of blogger kinship and New Year resolutions, I will follow suit. Here goes...


January Goals


Green Living
-Ride my bike. Ultimately I want to be able to ride my bike for small shopping trips and for leisurely rides along the creeks.
-Introduce Cyber-free Friday and continue TV-Free Tuesday. I want to become a more conscious user of these wonderful things but not have them determine how I live my life. I seem to be turning the TV off more and more and opting for more active and productive tasks.
-Buy mindfully. Have happily stayed away from shops except for items of necessity and food.


Personal Goals
-Listen, Really listen. This is such a hard one. I tried and tried last year. Although I made little headway I did gain some insights into why I don't listen well. I'm determined to do it.
-Secret project. Pursue. Let you know more later.
-Pamper myself. I aim to do this once every holiday. Booked the appointment for next week. :)
-Exercise 3 times a week.
-Journal once a week and blog three times a week. Journalled x1 and blogged x1
-Go to the theatre.

House and food
-a new recipe once a month
-bake once a week
-prepare and implement maintenance blitz (includes a new safer driveway, repair broken locks on door, window and shutter, hang heavy pictures)
-organise and carry out garden blitz, incorporating help of friend's son


I think that's enough and I'm pleased to say that I've already made a good start. I love holidays and the freedom and flexibility to get my teeth into domesticity and other personal pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment