Wednesday 18 January 2012

Inspiration and Gratitude

It's a hot, blustery day here in Melbourne and I can stay at home and take it as easy as I like. Too hot to get out and do some things but not so hot I can't potter around inside.

I'm trying to work out ways to revamp my blog and make it more accessible. The funny SAd thing is that I'm happy to do whatever it takes as long as it does not involve putting myself out there. Yes. Not exactly conducive to making it in the blogosphere. Anyway, bear with me as I try to streamline and learn more about blogging over the next few weeks.

Inspiration and Gratitude
  • Yesterday I had two young people staying with me. They were playing and running around and it pleased me to see that my house could be a home with people in it. It gave me even greater  pleasure to know that these two young people felt safe enough to be themselves so that they could laugh and play to their hearts' content.
  • I have life. I get down very easily about what I don't have in my life and this year I want to challenge myself to value my story and to embrace who I am as I am. I read a newspaper article about a young journalist who died of cancer. It's so easy for me to pour my energy into the notion of living alone and the struggles associated with that. Yet, if I turn my eyes the other way (just shift, a minor shift is all it takes) then I realise that I have so much more than that. For a start I was able to get up today. Now that's something to be glad about!!
Since last year, I had wanted to share stories of people and experiences that inspire me. Having SAd can often make you feel that you are on the outer and that the world is revolving without you. I find that I need reminders and the occasional shake-up to get me out of that mindset and to prod me into heading off in a more nurturing direction. So this year I hope to bring to you some of the websites and people that inspire me.

Recently I came across "The Wellness Warrior".    Not only does she talk about living a greener, simple life, she also shares her inspiration. And like all of us she has had her share of challenges.
  • I admire the way Jess has turned her life around. Out of very challenging circumstances she has forged a new life for herself.
  • Jess totally embraces what she believes about life. She promotes a healthy body, mind and spirit and her website shows this. It's a wholistic approach to living life well.
  • I love her inspiration board. I have already drawn on some of her ideas for my D-I-Y calendar.
Check it out!