Saturday 26 March 2016

Happy Easter

Hooray! Holidays are here and I am ever so grateful for them. I lament the burden of extra work on weekends and in the evenings but I guess this is the payoff.
I hope to do a lot of things around the house and in the garden these holidays. I haven't been doing much exercise  lately so I really want to get back to that. 

Meanwhile...
Around home, it looks like Mr S has caught the festive decorating bug. This is his handiwork:


Weatherwise, we had a short springlike spell of weather. The mornings are cool now that autumn is here so any warmth and sunshine are precious. It was quite a surprise to uncover yet one more bunch of grapes hidden amongst the vine. The grapes were small but full of flavour and incredibly sweet. 

Another welcome surprise was the rejuvenation of a fuschia I bought a while ago. Mr S also had a hand in this. I give up when a plant seems dead but he tends to it and in its own time it comes back to life.

I had a lovely afternoon tea at Overnewton Castle farewelling two colleagues who are retiring. Another very close friend of mine is preparing to retire next year.  It's got me thinking about what retirement might look like for me. 
Sorry, on a negative note, but I thought the price of the afternoon tea was exorbitant. The food was good and there was plenty of it. The setting was lovely, too: the building was over 150 years old which is rather unique in this part of the world. But still not worth the price. 

Hope you have a happy Easter if you are celebrating. Enjoy the break. 
(Here in Australia it's a four-day break.)

No comments:

Post a Comment