Sunday 3 April 2016

Weekend Baking

We're having a very lazy Sunday here. It's a little dull outside which makes it perfect for keeping warm inside. 

I didn't get as much done in the first week of the holidays as planned. So it's time for me to reset my plans for the week coming. Mr S and I have been "refurbishing" the garden. I had hoped to have half the house clean by  now. Well, the reality is one room down and many more to go! I've done a little exercise and I've tried a couple of new recipes. I made a start on some craft which was superb but have yet to complete it.

I plan too much. I really do. At one point last week I laughed to myself as I sat down to paint, cryptic crossword to my left, laptop in operation close by. 

As I've hinted before, we try to cook from scratch as much as possible - but that can mean more time in the kitchen and more dishes to wash. I really value exercise but that often takes priority over other things on busy days - so the house may not get tidied. I need to do work preparation, which doesn't always leave time for the fun things like craft, blogging, reading, family tree ...

I've been waking early to take Mr S to work. If I stay up when I get back home, I can get a lot done around the house but sometimes in the morning, the wild thinking, creative part of my brain is not yet in action. Sometimes I go back to sleep after dropping Mr S off. Then I wake and feel as if I have wasted half the day.

I can't do it all. So my goal this week is to plan with my brain switched on to the reality channel. Focus on what I can do. Focus on what nourishes the soul as much as some of the practical things.  Value sleep if that's what is needed. I hope it works.

Yesterday Mr S got busy baking some buns for friends of ours. Here are some photos of the buns with freshly grated coconut. His family calls them German buns but I'm not sure why. They're terribly delicious.






Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment