Saturday 30 January 2016

My New Routine


This week I went back to work and a radically new routine. Mr S starts quite early so I came up with a plan to make it possible for us to eat well at the end of the day and to make the most of the 'extra' time in the mornings. It's a lot easier this week because we had a public holiday and demands at work this week are light on.

What worked:
-having a very specific list of "easy" tasks to do in the morning, so I don't have to think too much
-a menu plan a week ahead, and sticking to it, choosing dishes which are manageable
- feeling that it does make a difference getting a few jobs out of the way, for example I've already done my bills for the week, and I'm about to menu plan so that frees me up this evening
-keeping TV off
-having rewards, e.g. Fridays no cooking

What didn't work:
-everything worked :) but it was harder on the days it rained which made it dark and cold

In order to make this work, my biggest challenge was to get to sleep earlier.  It's slowly getting easier to go to sleep at 8pm. I've also got no excuse this term for not having a homemade lunch each day. 

I feel really tired now... so much so that I was wondering whether next week I might actually come home next Friday and have a sleep!!! Probably not a good idea.

Examples of the food plan:
-a.m.   Mon       rice cooker on, cut up vegies,   after work take a few minutes to make fried        rice
-a.m.   Wed      cut up toppings, thaw dough, make savoury scrolls,     after work put toppings on pizza and bake
-a.m    Thurs     make pasta bake, more to do for that dish so no extra jobs except making       lunch
-a.m.    Fri        no meal prep, eat leftovers for dinner
One week down. How many to go?  
Let's see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment