Sunday 24 January 2016

A Restful Sunday


It's a dull, grey Sunday outside. Mr S is busy preparing a chicken, leek and mushroom pie and I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop. It's a nice, relaxing way to rest on the weekend.

This week I go back to work. We shopped this morning for the whole week. I've prepared the menu as I hope to cook each morning and have the meal ready, or mostly ready,  when we come home in the late afternoon. I also want to try hard to take lunch from home most days so I included that in the planning as well. 

I take Mr S to work at 4.30am each day which is sure to be a challenge once I get back to work. I think the most important thing is going to be getting to sleep earlier each night, and sticking to the plan.

This new routine will be a big change for me. Last year I worked hard to wake up earlier each day. It worked fairly well for someone who used to wake up at the last minute and make a mad dash to work. I managed to have breakfast at home most days and I was generally more prepared for work each day. 

Yesterday we went for a bike ride. I really wanted to tackle a long bike ride along one of our bike paths but beyond our local area. I guess the truth is I rather fancied the idea of me taking leisurely rides in and around the suburbs during this summer. Until yesterday I had only taken short rides around our local area and I'm glad to say they were all lovely, enjoyable, leisurely short rides. 


Yesterday's ride was a little different. We left early before it got too hot. All good. Mr S wanted to trial how long it would take if he were to ride to work. "Leisurely" was not so much on his mind. I was proud to almost keep up with him. He got to his workplace in about one hour. 15 kilometres. Then we had to head back. It was a much slower trip going back. Eventually I made it back home. 30 kilometres in all. I'm really proud to say I made it. Really proud. But, let's just say, the rest of the day was a write-off. My back hurt once I got off the bike. Neither Mr S or I could do another thing all day. 

I think today will be an easygoing day as I savour the last moments of  "freedom". I want to try making some cheese and mushroom scrolls based on a recipe I got from The Organised Housewife. If all goes well I hope to add it to my list of quick and easy recipes to use for lunches and snacks. 

Happy Sunday and have a good week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment