Monday 9 March 2015

Lately


It's a Labor Day holiday here and a great opportunity to catch up on one or two things. I think it's fairly obvious that my blogging routine is all out of whack so today I thought I would simply share with you a little of what's been happening lately.

Last week life was busy with getting Mr S organised in his new job. Things are off to a good start so let's hope it continues. 

Meanwhile, my daily and weekly routines are taking a little longer since I take the bus everywhere. It certainly makes me appreciate the convenience of a car. I've made a number of allowances because of this.

I've been trying to get back on track with goals and the like. Last week Mr S, some family members and I went in the March Against Melanoma around Melbourne's Botanical Gardens.It had been my hope to enter and run the race in memory of my father. I knew I wasn't ready for that so we walked instead. It was a lovely morning, having been stormy the night before. Mr S said that next year we would run and it is my hope that I will be able to do that.



Our garden is neither here nor there at the moment. When we get some wheels we will try to get some good soil and build it up for the coming seasons. There are some end-of-summer delights: we've got 7 apples, one zucchini and a basket of prickly pears from the plant hanging over the fence. 

Ever resourceful, Mr S  is keen to make the most of this good food. Back home for the weekend he is in his element, pottering around the garden and kitchen, doing little experiments  with what's on hand. He tried making juice from the prickly pears this morning. I'm not sure whether I'm gain to try it.




I'm finally getting to a point where I'm comfortable tackling some of the more demanding jobs around the house. For the last couple of months the house and garden have been so neglected. I'm still cautious and I make sure I go about the work slowly. This is where I find teaching a troublesome job. I do love the job immensely but I really cherish my time at home and want it to be for family, home and friends and - an introvert at heart- for me, so that I can reboot!! It's easy for me to fall under the spell of "domestic bliss" but the call of work preparation and corrections always beckons.

Last week was a week of bought lunches! My energy levels were low and resources (transport, time) limited so I decided to buy lunch at school. In the end it was a good decision. We have freshly-made hot lunches available at school so I ate well and I had a light meal in the evenings. 

On a positive note I bought a new drink bottle and it works!! So I've just started to drink more water and I've stocked up on bread and fillings for the coming week. This is my year to be healthy and happy so I welcome the chance to take any step I can in that direction.

Now I really should drink some water and attend to school work , even though I would love to potter around the house and enjoy the sunshine. I might try a compromise of school work and some time in the sunshine later this afternoon.

Have a good week.



No comments:

Post a Comment