Thursday 13 October 2011

A few quick jottings.

I've been away on holidays and I have a young person staying with me so I haven't had as much time online lately. I miss my computer indulgence but it's been interesting to see that there is life outside of cyberland.

The travelling was great. I love discovering another corner of this wondrous world.  It gives me great pleasure to know humanity in its many forms and guises and to see more and more how beautiful our earth is.

I think having a young person in the house enables me to experience a different reality. I get to find out who really is hot at the moment (Justin Beiber, in case you didn't know) and what kind of shoes are fashionable.  But more than those things, I get to eat good food because I've got a reason to make the extra effort. And I get to do things with someone. It's a luxury to have someone to make dinner with and to have someone who helps around the house. It's a nice change to not have to think about myself ad nauseum. And aside from all that it's been lovely getting to know another person.

On a SAD note, I haven't had much time to sit around and dwell on my self-centred thoughts. My inner chatterbox has taken delight in being more in the moment,  whether it's tasting Thai food or listening attentively as someone talks about their hopes for graduation.

It makes me wonder what more could I be doing in my life each day if I didn't take so much time to reflect on the day's happenings, on my misgivings, on my day dreaming on how life could really be. 

It's been really nice to eat well so regularly and to enjoy looking after the space I live in. Don't get me wrong! I do eat good food and I do look after my home at other times.  But somehow I'm doing a much better job at the moment.    Why,  I came home this evening from yoga and cleaned the bathroom. Unbelievable! (And it's a weeknight!)