Friday 25 December 2015

Christmas Greetings

Do you like the tree?

Last week I took my nephew out for his birthday to a place of his choice. He chose Werribee Mansion, which is a very old, stately home, next to his much-preferred destination, Werribee Zoo. Young J has just finished primary school so this was his last birthday experience.

On the way out of the park we noticed the different trees. They cast quite a presence being so old and standing so tall. I couldn't help noticing the pines and their cones. I really wanted to cut off a branch or two to decorate our home in a truly natural and simple way. Seeing those Christmas trees in their beautiful, natural state was my favourite part of the day.


I was lucky too because Young J was interested in the history of the place and was trying to work out how two brothers might come out to Australia without their parents and secure so much land. I love history so I enjoyed chatting about what would have happened all those years ago.

We've had a quiet Christmas morning. It's very windy here. We went to church with my mum last night. Mr S and I did not give Christmas presents to each other. Not a problem for us but I expect relatives will be a little taken aback. Shortly, we're off to my mum's for Christmas dinner....and I just remembered I wanted to make a gingernut Christmas log. Oh dear! I think that's my cue to keep moving....

As if that wasn't reminder enough, my nephew just called (urged on by his dad, no doubt, but he's a shy guy so any call from him is much appreciated) and is on his way to my mum's now.

To you and yours, a lovely Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment